Timber and Sheet Materials
It's our bread and butter and how we started. Western Supply was established in 1965 as a reclaimed timber merchant selling second hand timber from Plymouth Docks. We’re not involved in reclamation anymore but instead sell high volumes of various timber products and sheet materials such as:
• Imported softwood Carcassing and CLS which is kiln dried, planed all round, and structurally graded with the vast majority being treated and of C24 quality.
• Type A green treated battens, and blue BS5534 graded roofing batten.
• Fencing timbers such as 3x1, 4x1, 6x1 and 8x1 boards. 3x3, 4x4, 6x6 and 8x8 posts. Featheredge, sawn fencing rails, machined half round rails and agricultural fencing stakes.
• Planed timber, skirting’s, architraves, door linings, window boards, handrails and door linings.
• T&G flooring.
• Hardwood and softwood mouldings.
• Scandinavian tanalised redwood decking with hardwood and composite decking available to order.
• Oak sleepers and tanalised softwood sleepers.
• Cladding such as tanalised softwood shiplap and loglap. Thermowood, larch and cedar.
• Sheet materials including softwood shutter ply, WBP far eastern hardwood ply, OSB3, MDF and chipboard flooring.
Our carcassing timbers & CLS are bought directly from a network of importers meaning that we buy extremely competitively and therefore sell extremely competitively. We sell in bulk to developers, timber frame erectors and builders alike but we 're also delighted to sell smaller amounts to DIY customers and the general public. The majority of our timber products are sold by the metre so if you require one or two metres only, to do a very small job, that's no problem we're glad to help.
N.B. We only sell products from sustainable sources that carry the relevant industry accreditations.